• I respond to e-mail on Monday mornings only.
• Every Tuesday I am unavailable, since I am fishing at a secret
• I commute 60 miles every day. Driving to and from work, I am
alone in the car, with the mobile phone and the radio turned
• On Tuesdays and Thursdays I read journals instead of
• I have no answering machine. When I am not in, I am not in.
• Before I read the news on WAP, I always read a poem and two
• Between 4.30 and 8.30 p.m. I am with my family, and am
therefore not available for the outside world.
• I go to the Concert House every second Wednesday to listen
to orchestral works without distractions or interruptions.
• I live in the present moment whenever it suits me, and refuse
to be interrupted by the next moment.
(Thomas Hylland Eriksen)